Motorsport ECU Building workshop is a 50-hour project-based, hands on ECU building and tuning course intended to cater to teams & individuals who are enthusiastic to build standalone ECU on their own for 2W & 4W motorsport applications. Training will cover from fundamentals of engine electronics, electricals, dynamics of engine system and subsystems, utilizing the advantage correct air flow, fuel and spark, building a standalone ECU in bottom up approach, testing your maps on real time vehicle/engine and performing calibrations to arrive at best maps.
Workshop is limited to 10 participants.
Summary of the workshop
- Engine systems considerations for ECU development
- Sensors & actuators
- Signals and measuring approach
- Types of ECU’s and needs
- ECU maps & approach to develop the Maps (Ex: VE, Fuel, Ignition maps & compensations)
- Strategies for control
- Practice on developing maps
- Developing maps for specific case studies
- Compiling & Installing ECU software
- Tuner studio and setting up the project
- Communication & control ports
- Configuring inputs (Ex: Missing tooth, TPS, MAP, IAT, ECT etc)
- Engine constants
- Injector characteristics
- Trigger setup
- Correction factor set up
- Closed control strategy
- Live engine run & Calibrations
Why you should attend ECU tuning workshop?
- To learn what is not available at books and Youtube, and what only taught with experience
- To understand the dyno testing
- To remaps vehicles, test them on our dyno and deliver the best quality work
- Get to practice the right tuning approach
- To know right tools and platform for modification
- To meet and take support from experienced tuners
- To start career in tuning
Who can attend?
- Student competition teams such as Formula Supra/Bharat/FSAE
- Valid college ID is mandatory